How do we live an everyday spirituality?
- As we wade more deeply into the spiritual life, becoming more of who we truly are, a wholeness falls into place and pieces of our lives become less separated. We begin to live an everyday spirituality. Three ways to facilitate that journey, in my experience, center on silence, community and a regular spiritual practice.
- 1 How can I get back in touch with my spirituality?
- 2 How do I tap into my spiritual gifts?
- 3 How do you stay spiritually active?
- 4 How do I find my true spiritual self?
- 5 How do I get in touch with my inner soul?
- 6 How do I renew myself spiritually?
- 7 How do I discover my gift?
- 8 How do I open my spiritual eyes?
- 9 How do you know if your soul is connected to someone?
- 10 What are the 3 elements of spirituality?
- 11 What is your higher self?
- 12 How can I feel more in touch with myself?
- 13 How can I be true to myself?
- 14 Embracing Mystery
- 15 How Science and Spirituality Explain the Mystery of Life
- 16 First Exploration to the Mystery of Life
- 17 Modern Science in Search of Life:
- 18 Quantum Physics and What is life?
- 19 Life and Modern Spirituality:
- 20 Final thoughts:
- 21 Spirituality or Science: How will mystery of the origin of life be revealed?
- 22 How to Solve the Mystery of Life after Death — Ananda
- 23 The spiritual eye: pathway to soul consciousness
- 24 Why wait for death?
- 25 Communicating with departed loved ones
- 26 Contact saints through deep devotion
- 27 Your true home is not here
- 28 Death: a test of love
- 29 Spirituality Can Improve Many Aspects of Your Life and Health
- 30 Signs of Spirituality
- 31 Types of Spirituality
- 32 Uses
- 33 Impact of Spirituality
- 34 Tips
- 35 Potential Pitfalls
- 36 The Meaning of Life: Our Greatest Mystery
- 37 Too Commonly, “I’m Bored” Is Our Response to the Mystery of Life: Are We Losing Our Religion?
- 38 Canadian Virtual Hospice : Home : Support : Asked and Answered : Emotions and Spirituality
How can I get back in touch with my spirituality?
Seven Ways to Improve Your Spiritual Health
- Explore your spiritual core. By exploring your spiritual core, you are simply asking yourself questions about the person you are and your meaning.
- Look for deeper meanings.
- Get it out.
- Try yoga.
- Think positively.
- Take time to meditate.
How do I tap into my spiritual gifts?
An 8-Step Guide To Tapping Into Your Spiritual Side Today
- Set your intention.
- Feed your mind.
- Be still every day.
- Don’t neglect your body.
- Approach your practice with playfulness.
- Watch for signs.
- Connect with your tribe.
How do you stay spiritually active?
8 ways to boost your spiritual health
- Connect with your faith community. According to a Gallup study, 43% of Americans say they belong to a church or other religious body.
- Volunteer or help others.
- Practice yoga.
- Keep a journal.
- Spend time in nature.
- Focus on your hobbies.
- Speak with a chaplain or someone you trust.
How do I find my true spiritual self?
How to Know You Found Your True Self
- A sense of mental and physical lightness.
- Feeling more centered in yourself.
- Feeling safe.
- Knowing that your life has meaning.
- A sense of bliss in everyday activity.
- Lessening of negative emotions like fear, anger, guilt, or shame.
- An increase in “aha” moments of insight.
How do I get in touch with my inner soul?
10 Ways to Get More In Touch With Your Soul
- Spend time in nature. Nature can have a calming effect and reminds us to slow down, take deep breaths and soak up the present moment.
- Write a soul journal.
- Schedule solo dates.
- Take yoga classes.
- Take long walks.
- Offer to help others.
How do I renew myself spiritually?
10 Ways to Renew Yourself Spiritually
- Has Your Spiritual Practice Plateaued? For ages, human beings have longed to know their true nature.
- Time to Refresh.
- Go on a Retreat.
- Be of Service.
- Immerse Yourself in Nature.
- Start a New Morning Ritual.
- Observe a Sabbath.
- Read a Spiritual Text.
How do I discover my gift?
Discover Your Gifts
- Ask others to let you know. Sometimes we don’t see in ourselves what others can see in us.
- Look for gifts in adversity.
- Pray for the help to recognize your gifts.
- Don’t be afraid to branch out.
- Search the word of God.
- Look outside yourself.
- Think about people you look up to.
- Reflect on your family.
How do I open my spiritual eyes?
Some say that when open, the third eye chakra can provide wisdom and insight, as well as deepen your spiritual connection. How to open your third eye
- Activate your third eye.
- Supplement your diet.
- Apply essential oils.
- Try sun gazing.
- Practice meditation and chanting.
- Use crystals.
How do you know if your soul is connected to someone?
When you feel a soul tie, it’s simply the sense that another soul is in your life for a reason. For example, if your life is very busy yet you meet a new potential friend or potential business partner, the sense that you have a soul tie to this person could inspire you to make room in your life for the relationship.
What are the 3 elements of spirituality?
The shamans, healers, sages, and wisdom keepers of all times, all continents, and all peoples, in their ageless wisdom, say that human spirituality is composed of three aspects: relationships, values, and life purpose.
What is your higher self?
Higher self is a term associated with multiple belief systems, but its basic premise describes an eternal, omnipotent, conscious, and intelligent being, who is one’s real self. Blavatsky formally defined the higher self as “Atma the inseparable ray of the Universe and one self.
How can I feel more in touch with myself?
5 Ways to Strengthen Your Connection to Yourself
- Notice your feelings. Notice what you’re feeling at any given time, Kogan said.
- Name your feelings.
- Accept your thoughts and emotions.
- Engage in enjoyable solo activities.
- Practice self-compassion.
How can I be true to myself?
Tips On Being True to Yourself
- Be who you are, be your genuine self.
- Follow your own value system and common sense.
- Listen to the advice of others, but make up your own mind.
- Recognize, appreciate, and develop your unique talents.
- Stand up for what you believe in and you will gain respect.
Mystery. It’s not very popular these days, unfortunately. The invisible and the unknown are treated with scant regard in contemporary awareness. With sound bites from experts and clean philosophical or psychological frameworks that have an explanation for every circumstance, we are considerably more comfortable with the experts’ opinions. Television has conditioned us to believe that every problem has a solution that can be discovered in an hour or two, excluding the time spent watching advertisements.
They are more than eager to provide us with answers if we ask for them.
“There are no explanations to the marvel of creation,” wrote Christian writer and essayist Madeleine L’Engle.
To attempt to describe them in depth, or to reduce them to a simple response for someone else, is to diminish their grandeur and significance.
- The first step is to acknowledge that the Holy One does not conform to our explanations or operate according to our standards.
- Second, be grateful for the perplexing, secret, and incomprehensible parts of your life.
- There may be several occasions during your life when you will be unable to provide a response to a question.
- What is it that causes good things to happen to terrible people?
- This straightforward approach acknowledges the limitations of the human intellect, the fallibility of human reasoning, and the humility that must exist in your heart when you are in the presence of God.
- God reaches near to us at times, and God withdraws from us at other times.
- This is not an easy position to take, nor is it widely supported.
Another approach to be a good steward of God’s secrets is to engage in acts of wonderment.
According to Frances Bacon, the artist’s role is to delve further into the enigma.
He was able to give even the most familiar items the appearance of having an additional depth to them.
Poets are frequently called upon to remind us of things that are difficult to express verbally.
The conjunction “and yet” serves as a symbol of mystery.
Who hasn’t pondered the mysteries of love, faithfulness, and even alienation at some point in their lives?
That is the mystique of it all.
The following are little prayers that you repeat silently, saying one phrase as you take a breath in and another line as you breathe out.
“Alive in me,” I say as I exhale. All around us, the mystery is present, and it reaches us in the most inward areas of our being. Be a good steward of what you have.
How Science and Spirituality Explain the Mystery of Life
What is the undiscovered truth that lies under the surface of life? Is it a mystery or is it simply a chemical reaction? What is it in the cosmos that allows it to care for its frail creations so perfectly? Quantum physics may be used to explain both the science and the spirituality of human existence. There is more to life than pleasure and suffering. It is a dance between the states of separateness and togetherness. Modern scientists have expended a significant lot of time and effort in their quest to unravel the enigma of life.
In this section, I address the science and wonder of life from a variety of views, beginning with Charles Darwin and continuing with Max Planck and others.
First Exploration to the Mystery of Life
On December 27, 1831, a 22-year-old final-year Cambridge student named Charles Darwin set sail on the HMS Beagle on a trip that would take him around the world. As far as biology is concerned, Darwin’s journey appears to mark the beginning of the scientific investigation of living species and the processes by which they have developed. What Darwin discovered during his five-year expedition was directly related to his formulation of the idea of evolution by natural selection, which has since formed the foundation of contemporary biology.
It was not a coincidental finding; rather, it was the outcome of his extensive research into the geology, animals, plants, and cultures of the areas he had visited.
Modern Science in Search of Life:
Since Darwin’s day, contemporary science has made incredible strides in its understanding of the complex mechanism that underpins all living things. Perhaps unexpectedly, science fails to provide an explanation for what life is and instead stays deafeningly silent. A gene that was previously assumed to be present in all life on Earth has been discovered to be absent in life in volcanically active areas. The origins of life on Earth may be traced back about 3.7 billion years. Scientists attempted to re-create an event that occurred billions of years ago in the laboratory.
- A pond once existed on the surface of the Earth, according to scientists, some four billion years ago.
- The first cell was formed in a matter of minutes, or even seconds after that.
- Some scientists think that genes were the earliest living beings, whereas others disagree.
- Others, like as the TNA and PNA, believe that there are alternatives to RNA and that life may be created in laboratories.
It’s possible that the proper hypothesis hasn’t been offered yet. Even the tiniest bacterium include an assortment of chemicals that are arranged into a variety of complicated shapes, indicating that complexity is still beyond our grasp.
Quantum Physics and What is life?
What is Life?, written by Erwin Schrödinger in 1944, was a book that examined the applicability of quantum mechanics in biology. He asserted that quantum mechanics must govern some aspects of life rather than conventional principles. It was anticipated by him that life navigates a small channel between the classical and quantum worlds. “I consider consciousness to be basic,” remarked Max Planck, the father of quantum theory. Matter, in my opinion, is a byproduct of conscious thought. We can’t get our heads around consciousness.
There is no intelligent or everlasting force in the entire cosmos, thus we must infer that there is a conscious, intelligent Mind or Spirit operating behind the scenes of this force.
Life and Modern Spirituality:
According to our spiritual understanding, life is not a distinct occurrence, but rather a component of an intelligent cosmic field. There are an endless number of worlds, and each of them is controlled by a unique set of rules and physics that are unique to it. Life is a uniform field of cosmic consciousness that permeates all of these realms and connects them all. Life is not a journey, but rather a celebration — a quantum fluctuation, to be precise. Life is a transitory fluctuation in the quantity of energy and awareness available in a moving quantum environment, according to quantum physics.
Amit Ray is a writer and poet.
Life and the field of consciousness:
There are a plethora of worlds outside the confines of our space-time continuum. Life is a homogeneous field of cosmic consciousness that exists everywhere at the same time. Through space-time quantum entanglements, the field of life may manifest itself in a plethora of different ways. Despite the fact that consciousness is an inherent property of all things, it only reveals itself under specific conditions – for example, an item has mass, but only massive ones have detectable gravity. For the sake of simplicity, we might state that life is just a concentration of the field consciousness under certain circumstances.
Self-awareness and consciousness:
Another significant feature of the evolution of life is the development of self-awareness. Higher levels of self-awareness result in higher organizing power, which translates into better capacity for growth and the ability to face life’s problems. In Sanskrit, there are some exceptional states of awareness that are referred to as “Prajna,” which means “boundless unbounded dynamic space.” It is the state of consciousness in which one is aware of one’s limitless Self. There are a plethora of factors and situations that led to the creation of life.
Nothing can live on its own without the other.
The ability to embrace change is at the heart of what it means to be alive.
The ability to comprehend change is facilitated by awareness, cooperation, and teamwork.
To be able to comprehend change requires awareness, cooperation, and teamwork. Amit Ray is a writer and poet.
I briefly explain the science of life as well as the spirituality of it. I looked at my life from two different perspectives. This method and the other have a strong link to one another. The study of quantum physics is the most effective method of unraveling the riddle of life. By spiritual knowledge, we may see that we are all related through the united field of consciousness. Life is a manifestation of the unified field of consciousness, according to the spiritual wisdom. Colors, beauty, joy, and agony are some of the melodies of creation that it sings.
I want you to think about both sides and utilize your consciousness to raise awareness, collaborate, and collaborate for a larger good in the world.
Spirituality or Science: How will mystery of the origin of life be revealed?
There have been many different types of misunderstandings and assumptions about life and the world that have been placed in front of us. When it comes to spirituality, it looks at it from the perspective of awareness and God. Life, on the other hand, occurs as a result of a chemical reaction, and we are the beneficiaries of this process, according to science. Is it better to follow the route of science or the path of spirituality in order to unravel the enigma of life? Let’s find out — after all, how did life on this planet get started?
- What exactly is the point of life?
- We do not have a definitive response to these queries at this time.
- When it comes to spirituality, it looks at it from the standpoint of awareness and God.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, host of the popular National Geographic television show ‘Cosmos a Space-Time Odyssey,’ reveals that the Earth’s atmosphere was devoid of oxygen around 4 billion years ago.
- During photosynthesis, they absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and release oxygen into the atmosphere.
- Cyanobacteria were the first green plants to appear on the surface of the planet.
- Charles Darwin rose to prominence as a distinguished scientist in the field of science.
They must have been subjected to the effects of light, heat, and electricity.
Whatever else Hegel has to say about life, it is entirely consistent with the scientific fact of the day in which we live.
Due to matter’s ultimate objective of achieving supreme awareness, the universe was formed together with the planet Earth and the life that exists on the planet.
First and foremost, the revolution of life that occurred on the planet transformed matter into a vision of the conscious mind.
Eventually, there occurred a steady growth of awareness as a result of the existence of living organisms.
Human beings have a higher level of consciousness than other living things.
On the other hand, the Indian way of looking at life and consciousness is Sanatani, which means that creation and life have no beginning and will never come to an end in any form.
Only inside them does change occur.
The matter is only a manifestation of that God’s essence.
If you really want to know anything, all you need is a hit.
In order to achieve this, hundreds of routes have been described in spiritual philosophy, each of which leads to the discovery of the mystery of life.
And how could you go wrong?
The entire body of spiritual literature is replete with intricate phrases and metaphors.
Whatever these Buddha guys have said about the creation and the world, it is not worth listening to.
Buddha offers a distinct perspective on life, while Mahavira offers a slightly different perspective on life.
In it, he asserts that science will never be able to determine the truth about life and the universe.
There is a commitment to ensure that every system is operational.
There must unquestionably be some undertaking that oversees the operation of the entire system of life and the entire globe.
This question from the interviewer was really well-written and well-thought out.
Scientific progress is based on the process of experiment and outcome.
In such a circumstance, it is a natural and scientific reality that the only way to resolve the untruth of life and the universe is via the use of skepticism. There is no religious or philosophical basis for this.
How to Solve the Mystery of Life after Death — Ananda
The presence of life beyond death is the biggest enigma that nature has ever preserved for us. No one, no matter how wonderful a saint he or she may have been, is permitted to return after death and teach the masses (or anybody, with the exception of possibly a few adherents) about the life-eternal. Since the beginning of time, not one of the billions who have died has returned to life in the same body and stood on a lecture stage, yelling: “Behold, here I am, having risen from the dead, and I now grasp the mysteries of the afterlife.” God does not want anybody to be influenced by the testimony of his saints or by the miracles that they accomplish, since God does not want anyone to be influenced by them.
- God wishes for his human offspring to awaken to their eternal soul essence via their own free will, rather than through coercion.
- Because every human is a blend of the changeless soul and the variable body, illusion creates a paradoxical situation.
- God has descended into the physical bodies of all of His human offspring, and this is God Himself.
- However, since they identify themselves with the limits and changes of the body, they lose sight of their real unchanging natures as souls in the process.
The spiritual eye: pathway to soul consciousness
Meditation is the only way to acquire answers to the mysteries of life and death because it puts you in direct contact with the Infinite. Meditation allows you to see the spiritual eye, which is the portal to the limitless universe of Spirit, by focusing your attention on the place between your brows during your session. When viewed clearly, the spiritual eye has three colors: a golden ring around the exterior, a dark blue globe within the golden ring, and a white five-pointed star within the blue globe on the interior of the blue globe.
The more intensely you meditate, the more profound the levels of superconsciousness you will achieve.
In ecstatic connection with the Divine, you will have a glimpse of the everlasting life that lies beyond your earthly existence.
It is possible for a devotee to have an experience of the everlasting life hidden underneath this mortal life to live eternally; that is, he will continue to be cognizant of his existence even if he has to go through numerous more incarnations on earth.
A devotee of this caliber has unraveled the enigma of life after death.
Why wait for death?
We have come from the astral world, and we will return there as well. We go to the astral world once we die, so why wait till death to get there. It’s critical to spend more time in the astral realms of consciousness. If you are capable of going there consciously now, you will very likely be capable of going there consciously after death. In the eyes, there is a tremendous amount of vital power. You can progressively learn to transfer consciousness and life energy into the Infinite by focusing your awareness at the place between your brows with intense concentration, and by being able to hold the divine light, when it appears, for any period of time, as it passes through your awareness.
Not a zone of chaos and deep sleep will be experienced by your soul, but rather the astral realm, sometimes known as “heaven,” where souls go after death to temporarily escape the miseries of mortal life and enjoy temporary liberation from those afflictions.
In meditation, focused concentration on serenity and tranquillity allows you to live in the present moment.
This allows you to be liberated from the confines of the prison of manifestation.
Communicating with departed loved ones
The ability to communicate with deceased loved ones, as well as the presence of life after death, is a well held secret in the spiritual community. Only those who are selfless, patient, and all-loving are capable of establishing a connection with their deceased loved ones beyond death. To speak with a departed loved one, concentrate intently at the place between the brows until you can see your spiritual eye with both closed and open eyes, and then release your concentration. You must be able to maintain a focused state for as long as you wish in order to be successful.
No one except decent souls, those who have loved and admired you, should be invited.
With increased spiritual growth, you will be able to view spirits you formerly knew and loved with wide eyes, and you will be able to communicate with them.
These moods are typically devoid of any exhilarating feelings.
You can only bring your dearly gone loved ones back to you via profound, persistent meditation. While it may take months, or even years, to achieve success in meditation, if you are patient and continually increasing the depth of your call, you will eventually succeed.
Contact saints through deep devotion
The fact that great saints, after their deaths, do not emerge in the public eye does not imply that they do not appear to anybody else at all. Advanced devotees, by their devotion, have the ability to see and converse with saints in vision. They will be able to view saints with open eyes, converse to them, and even touch them as their spiritual growth progresses, just as the advanced followers of Jesus were able to see and touch Jesus after his resurrection in the flesh, thanks to their intense dedication and faith.
Hundreds of years after Jesus’ death, St.
We must trust his account because, after all, a saint of such greatness as St.
Considering that St.
Your true home is not here
At the point of death, the vast majority of individuals have lost all interest in this life. That is very understandable and appropriate: after all, they will shortly be forced to depart. That mental disengagement as one approaches death should serve as a reminder to everyone of the need of being internally detached throughout one’s life, especially when immersed in worldly pursuits. Learn to treat this planet as if it were your home. Your actual residence is not located in this location. This earth is not yours; it belongs to God.
- It is possible that the deed to the house where you reside was inscribed in your name, but who owned it before you did?
- This world is simply a resting stop on your lengthy trip to your eternal home in God, not a permanent residence.
- Of course, while you’re here, make an effort to be a considerate guest.
- Carry out all of your earthly responsibilities in a responsible manner.
- Never forget, though, that they are His, not yours, and that they are not yours.
Death: a test of love
The average mortal does not comprehend the continuity of existence that exists before and after birth; as a result, he is terrified of death. The wise, on the other hand, are able to shift their mind away from the changes of birth and death and toward the changeless Spirit via meditation. All change, in the eyes of the wise man who has opened his spiritual sight, appears to be dancing on the bosom of changelessness. Because he sees death as only an outwardly moving link in a chain of immortality that is concealed from our vision, he is able to live in the world without attachment and with a contentment that nothing can take away from him.
It is attachment and selfish love that causes one to grieve for a departed loved one or friend, not the death of that person.
Fools grieve for a short period of time and then forget their sorrow, while wise people feel an inner drive to seek their lost love in the heart of the Divine.
In the face of death, we learn to be in love with the Divine alone, rather than being attached to the temples of flesh in which the Divine momentarily lives. Using articles and lessons as examples
Spirituality Can Improve Many Aspects of Your Life and Health
Spirituality is a wide notion that encompasses a belief in something greater than oneself. The belief in a higher power can be based on religious traditions, but it can also be based on a holistic belief in one’s connectedness to others and to the rest of the universe, as in the Buddhist tradition. People who practice spirituality hold to a worldview that says that there is more to existence than simply what they can perceive with their senses and bodies. Instead, it indicates that there is something bigger at work that ties all living things to one another and to the rest of the cosmos.
People from all walks of life have turned to spirituality and religious activities as a source of comfort and stress alleviation for centuries.
Signs of Spirituality
Spirituality is not limited to a specific path or set of beliefs. There are many different methods to experience spirituality, as well as many different advantages of having a spiritual encounter. Depending on the individual, this may entail faith in a higher power or participation in a specific religious activity. For others, it may entail feeling a sense of connection to a higher state or a sense of interconnectedness with the rest of mankind and the natural world. Some indications of spirituality are as follows:
- The exploration of difficult themes like as pain and what occurs after death
- The development of deeper relationships with others
- The development of compassion and empathy for others Feelings of oneness are being experienced
- Awe and amazement
- A desire for pleasure that goes beyond money things or other outward rewards
- Awe and wonder
- Looking for meaning and purpose in life
- Wishing to make the world a better place
- And so forth.
Not everyone has the same spiritual experiences or displays their spirituality in the same manner. Spiritual experiences can occur in any element of one’s life for some people, while others are more prone to have these sensations under certain circumstances or in specific settings. Examples include persons who are more prone to have spiritual experiences in churches or other religious temples, as well as people who are more likely to have these sentiments when out enjoying the great outdoors.
Types of Spirituality
There are many various styles of spirituality, ranging from religious traditions to more secular approaches, and each has its own distinctive characteristics. Some of the most important types of spirituality are as follows:
- Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Humanism, Islam, Judaism, New Age Spirituality, and Sikhism are all religions.
Keeping in mind that there are many different spiritual traditions that exist around the world, including traditional African and Indigenous spiritual practices, is critical to remembering this. When it comes to groups of people who have been subjugated to the impacts of colonialism, spiritual rituals like these might be particularly essential.
It is possible for people to turn to spirituality for a variety of reasons.
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To discover one’s life’s purpose and meaning: Investigating spirituality can assist people in discovering answers to philosophical problems such as “what is the meaning of life?” and “what purpose does my life serve?” When dealing with stress, sadness, and anxiety, spiritual experiences can be quite beneficial
- Nevertheless, they should not be relied upon only for this purpose. In order to restore hope and optimism, spirituality can assist people in developing a more optimistic attitude on their lives. Because spiritual traditions are frequently associated with organized faiths or groups, being a member of one of these organizations may be an extremely valuable resource for finding social support.
Impact of Spirituality
Though spiritual beliefs and practices are a matter of personal conviction, science has established some of the advantages of spirituality and spiritual engagement. However, while the findings will come as no surprise to anybody who has found solace in their religious or spiritual beliefs, they are notable for the fact that they illustrate in a scientific manner that these activities are beneficial to a large number of individuals. More favorable discoveries relating to spirituality and its impact on physical and mental health include the following, among many others:
- It has been demonstrated through research that religion and spirituality can assist people in dealing with the impacts of ordinary stress. According to one research, everyday spiritual encounters helped older persons better cope with unpleasant emotions while also increasing happy emotions. Age-related differences in appreciation to God have been found in women over the age of 50, with women experiencing more stress-relieving health benefits as a result of their gratitude. The findings of the study showed that individuals with an intrinsic religious orientation, regardless of gender, had less physiological reaction to stress than those with an extrinsic religious orientation, which is consistent with previous findings. While the intrinsically oriented committed their life to God or a “higher force,” the extrinsically oriented used religion to achieve exterior goals such as gaining friends or raising their social status in the community.
Religion and spirituality, according to research, can assist people in coping with the impacts of ordinary stress and anxiety. ; According to one research, regular spiritual encounters helped elderly persons better cope with unpleasant emotions while also increasing happy emotions. Age-related differences in appreciation to God have been found in women over the age of 50, with women experiencing stronger stress-reducing health benefits as a result of their gratitude. People with an intrinsic religious orientation, irrespective of their gender, demonstrated less physiological reaction to stress than people with an extrinsic religious orientation, according to the findings of a recent study.
- Enhanced well-being A higher level of psychological well-being
- Depression is less prevalent. a reduction in hypertension
- Reduced levels of stress, even during challenging times Increased emotions of well-being Stress-resistance abilities that are above average
If you are rediscovering a long-forgotten spiritual path, reaffirming your devotion to an already well-established one, or seeking a new source of spiritual fulfillment, studying your spiritual side may be beneficial to your overall health and well being. It is important to remember that spirituality is a very personal experience, and that everyone’s spiritual path is different. However, according to research, some spiritual stress alleviation practices have proven to be beneficial to a wide range of people, independent of their religious beliefs.
- Consider your emotions: Part of adopting spirituality is accepting all aspects of being human, both the good and the terrible
- Pay attention to how you are feeling. Concentrate on others: Spirituality is characterized by the opening of your heart, the sense of empathy, and the willingness to serve others. Meditation: Make an effort to spend 10 to 15 minutes each morning engaging in some sort of meditation. Gratitude is something to cultivate: Create a thankfulness diary in which you may record things you are grateful for on a daily basis. As a result, it may serve as a wonderful reminder of what is most important to you and what offers you the most enjoyment. Try focusing on the present moment: You may become more aware and appreciative of the present moment if you practice mindfulness meditation. In order to be more mindful, you should try to be less judgemental (both toward yourself and toward others) and concentrate more on the current moment rather than lingering on the past or the future.
Press Play for Advice on Feeling More Complete
This episode of The Verywell Mind Podcast, hosted by Editor-in-Chief and therapist Amy Morin, LCSW, explores what it means to be ‘wholly human,’ and features GRAMMY Award-winning singer LeAnn Rimes. To listen to it right now, please click on the link below. Now is a good time to start: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and RSS are all options.
In terms of spirituality, one of the major pitfalls is a phenomena called as spiritual bypassing. This is characterized by a proclivity to utilize spirituality as a means of avoiding or sidestepping difficulties, emotions, and conflicts. As an example, rather than apologizing for any form of emotional damage you have caused someone else, you can choose to just excuse the situation by stating that “everything occurs for a reason” or recommending that the other person should “concentrate on the good” instead.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
There was a clerical error.
Verywell Mind relies on only high-quality sources, such as peer-reviewed research, to substantiate the information contained in its articles. Read about oureditorial process to discover more about how we fact-check our information and ensure that it is accurate, dependable, and trustworthy.
- M. Akbari and S. M. Hossaini Spiritual health and quality of life, as well as emotional control and burnout: The mediating function of emotional regulation in this connection Iran 2018
- 13(1):22-31 in the Journal of Psychiatry. Whitehead BR, Bergeman CS
- PMID: 29892314
- Whitehead BR, Bergeman CS Coping with daily stress: The impact of spiritual experiences on daily positive and negative affect is different for men and women. J Gerontology B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, 2012
- 67(4):456-459. Manning LK, doi:10.1093/geronb/gbr136
- Geronb GB. Spirituality as a lived experience: Investigating the core of spirituality for women in their late thirties and forties. International Journal of Aging and Human Development (2012) 75(2):95-113. McMahon, B.T., and Biggs, H.C. doi:10.2190/AG.75.2.a. In this study, we will look at spirituality and innate religious orientation as a way of dealing with test anxiety. Health Vulnerability in a Changing Society. 2012
- 3 (1). Johnson KA, doi:10.3402/vgi.v3i0.14918, and others. Prayer may be a powerful tool in the rehabilitation from depression. J Relig Health 2018
- 57(6):2290-2300. J Relig Health 2018
- 57(6):2290-2300. Wachholtz AB, Sambamthoori U. doi:10.1007/s10943-018-0564-8
- Wachholtz AB, Sambamthoori U. Changes in national trends in the use of prayer as a coping method for depression from 2002 to 2007 are presented. Relig Health 2013
- 52(4):1356-68. J Relig Health 2013
- 52(4):1356-68. Gonçalves JP, Lucchetti G, Menezes PR, Vallada H
- Gonçalves JP, Lucchetti G, Menezes PR, Vallada H A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical studies on religious and spiritual therapies in mental health care. Journal of Psychological Medicine, 2015
- 45(14):2937-49. doi:10.1017/S0033291715001166.
The Meaning of Life: Our Greatest Mystery
Swamiji, a famous teacher and Wanderlust presenter, will guide us through the application of esoteric principles in everyday life in this series of short videos. If you have a suggestion for a topic you’d want Swamiji to cover, please send an email to [email protected] We have an intuitive sense that we are capable of far more than we now comprehend. One of the most important aspects of our understanding is that the brief time span that we spend on Earth is only a transitory phase of our life; a component of an astounding spiritual journey that serves some significant purpose.
- This state of not knowing becomes too difficult for us to bear, and we move on, pushing this concept to the back of our minds.
- That sense of “becoming something greater” is still fuzzy, underdeveloped, and unexplored at this point.
- They are patient and tenacious in their pursuit of their goals.
- The most perplexing of all the mysteries that have befuddled humans from the beginning of time is the mystery of one’s own existence.
- Even the busiest of individuals who are absorbed in the hustle and bustle of everyday life are affected by this concern.
- I’m not sure where I came from.
- What am I doing here?
- What exactly is the point of all of this?
Why We Question
At the heart of this inquisition is a fundamental need to comprehend our own mortality. History tells us of civilizations that flourished for hundreds or thousands of years, sometimes for thousands of years, before succumbing to extinction. We’ve all heard about mountains that have climbed to great heights above sea level, only to see them erode away over time. Waves appear to emerge from the water for a brief while, showing their shape and individuality before crashing back into the ocean. Every day, more human beings are born, and every day, more human beings pass away.
- People who do not give much attention to it tend to subscribe to the belief that individual life begins at birth and ends at death: You are born, you live for a few of years, and then you die.
- When taken at face value, it appears that human existence is quite brief.
- For example, the collision of lithospheric plates (plates that make up the Earth’s crust and upper mantle) results in the development of mountains at a rate ranging from 10 to 100 millimeters each year.
- Swami Vivekananda famously said that the duration of human existence is little more than three minutes in a body of clay, referring to the span of a human life.
- Consider the following: The time when you were a child playing with toys is only a distant memory, and the time when you are old, bent, and grey is also only a distant memory.
- Do you believe that this is the totality of our being?
We arrive from nothingness and exist for a short period of time before returning to nothingness. Is our allotment to existence so brief and pointless that we come from nothingness and live for a short period of time before returning to nothingness?
The Supreme Potential of Human Life
In India, thousands of years have passed during which time various Yogis, Rishis, Munis, Saints, and Sages have explored and recognized the nature of their actual selves, proclaiming that human existence possesses unsurpassed potential. Their legacy is a trove of intellectual blueprints that will allow us to find this truth for ourselves in the future. Studying their lives and writings exposes such profound insight and spiritual experience that honest folks can benefit in ways that are incomparably greater than they can imagine.
This was demonstrated to me during my stay in India, when I studied under a great Master.
In the meanwhile, try sitting quietly for a few minutes, slowly elongating your inhalation and exhalation, and thinking about the following:
- Do you have an instinctual sensation that you are more than you know you are? Consider the questions, “Who am I?” and “What do I want to be?” What am I doing here?, and so on. Examine your ideas at a higher level, beyond the realm of conventional comprehension, and see what solutions you uncover
- Consider the sentence, “Is our allocation to life so fleeting and purposeless in that we emerge from nothingness, live for a tiny period of time, and then return to nothingness again?” Would you want to understand the mysteries of life from the great Yogis and Sages if you had the opportunity?
—Swami Govindananda (Swamiji), the creator of Ji Living, is a spiritual teacher. A native of New Zealand, he spent years in India studying philosophy and meditation at the highest levels under the guidance of a famous Master. His online video and meditation series, Seven Steps to Self Understanding, is available at jiliving.com, and he uses them to expose the knowledge that resides at the heart of Yoga. He is a popular lecturer at Wanderlust events and yoga studios, where he epitomizes positive spirituality and provides thought-provoking insights on the value of human existence.
Too Commonly, “I’m Bored” Is Our Response to the Mystery of Life: Are We Losing Our Religion?
We shouldn’t be shocked if youngsters have this kind of attitude. It’s likely that many of their parents, particularly those with the greatest education, go through their lives with no feeling of wonder or amazement about how and why we happen to be here on this planet spinning through space. And they instill the same mindset in their children as well. Some people are just formally affiliated with a religious organization such as a church or synagogue. “Even if I don’t truly believe in my religion anymore, I believe that I should take my children to church/temple so that they may make their own decisions when they grow up,” they usually remark.
- Many well-educated parents do not place a high value on such activities.
- Family and children congregate in malls to renew their sense of amazement at everything that life has to offer and to purchase the items that best show their individuality and their values.
- The origins of their values, on the other hand, appear to be materialistic or just faintly spiritual in nature.
- They served as a source of norms to live by, guides to the finding of meaning and purpose, and a common setting for the practice of reverence among a community of believers.
- “What are we doing here?
What exactly is our place in the universe?” Secular materialism, on the other hand, appears to encourage us to believe that we have everything “under control.” When religion is alive and well, children grow up in a social setting that instills a reverence for human existence and the mystery of life—for a curiosity or a sense of wonder that never leaves us.
- They appear to feel that their lives are intended to be about them alone: about having a good time, accomplishing, creating a family of their own, and getting money.
- It is possible that being a star is their most cherished ambition.
- It needed to serve a greater purpose.
- It didn’t make any sense to pursue celebrity alone for its own purpose.
The significant presence of religious fundamentalism in our era (as well as its dogmatic positions on marriage, birth control, abortion and immigration) is not being overlooked, and neither are the scientific, philosophical and ethical advancements that have taken place in the last half-century or more being devalued in any way.
However, I see science as a technique of discovery rather than as a set of guiding principles for daily life, as some people do.
Though well-educated people may hold out hope that science will one day resolve the debates over how we should best find meaning in our lives, the aims and practices of science are only distorted if we expect them to provide the kind of personal meaning and guidance that has traditionally been provided by religion.
(1) A lessened focus on common concepts of morality and conscience; (2) a loss of a wider, communal sense of purpose and meaning; (3) consternation and concern over how to confront and welcome our age, diminishment, and death; and (fourth) a lack of appreciation for life itself are only few examples.
- It is possible that we might do better if we focused on religion and religious attitudes with a fresh perspective, rather than depending on science or spirituality to find solutions to our issues.
- This is understandable.
- Religious practices that limit our compassion for and connection with others, whether purposefully or unwittingly, result in negative consequences for those who practice them (of which we have countless examples from the past and present alike).
- But, then again, is it not feasible to follow religion while also avoiding the harmful consequences of doing so?
- According to Jung’s lectures, which were presented at Yale University in 1937, human beings’ desire to be religious is an inherent condition of their existence.
- In their quest to understand reality on a more profound level, human beings turn to religion for guidance.
In addition, the book focuses our attention on the ethical and moral practices as well as the relational and devotional practices that people have used to explore the spiritual depths of their everyday lives—and to better understand how to live, be of service, know the truth, and maintain hope in the midst of the ordinary and extraordinary adversity and misery that life brings us.
For centuries, human beings have practiced religion by devoting themselves to the everyday business of living productively and happily with themselves and with their communities, and in doing so, they have remained in touch with reverence and awe in ways that are shared and transformative, and in doing so, they have remained in contact with the divine.
To begin, maybe it is best to acknowledge that we require religion for our spiritual development and that religion requires compassionate, linked spiritual development in order to exist in its purest form.
Even if you may consider Buddhism to be something other than a religion, in reality it is one—albeit one that is relatively new to Western countries and hence less burdened with our own political and cultural baggage.
I find myself comparing engaged, mindful living, as cultivated through practices of concentration and relaxation, with the tendency of many of today’s young adults and children to say quickly and regularly, “I’m bored,” when they are not staring at a screen of any size, whether large or small, on a regular basis.
My subtitle, “Losing My Religion,” is obviously a reference to the 1991 REM song of the same name.
That’s me in the back right corner. That’s me in the spotlight, as you can see. I’m losing my religious convictions. Trying to maintain a point of view And I’m not sure I’ll be able to pull it off. Oh crap, I’ve spoken too much and not enough at the same time.
Canadian Virtual Hospice : Home : Support : Asked and Answered : Emotions and Spirituality
Even after our family members have passed away, our worry and affection for them does not fade away. So long as there are no unsolved concerns between us, we want them to be happy and comfortable with themselves. We may be particularly concerned about family members who have had terrible lives or who are going through a difficult period in their final days. We pray that in death they will find the serenity and happiness that they were unable to attain throughout their lives. Continue reading for more information.
People frequently express feelings of numbness, sadness, helplessness, disappointment, anger, or fear.
However, there are several words that might help relieve the tension that has been placed on you by the scenario.
Waiting may add to the tension of an already stressful situation by prolonging it.
Some people are anxious about the findings of the test because they are frustrated by having to wait, while for others, the results themselves a source of anxiety.
Continue reading for more information.
You may be experiencing a wide range of emotions and be unable to regulate them.
It’s challenging and takes a lot of time.
Continue reading for more information.
Our personal experience with death is triggered by the loss of a family member or when we contemplate our own mortality.
When we consider how little reliable evidence there is on what, we may become dissatisfied or disappointed.
As your father’s health continues to decline, it may become more difficult to retain the optimism that he and your family had when he was initially diagnosed.
Yes, there are situations when you may be able to.
Those who have traveled the path you are now on have provided us with their insights, which we have used to formulate this response.
The most essential thing to remember, in our opinion, is that there is no one proper approach to deal with adversity.
Continue reading for more information.
It grants you the honor of paying tribute to the person who has passed away and of assisting those who have assembled for the memorial service to take place.
Your decision to go into public grieving may prove to be a key therapeutic step for you.
The holding of a memorial ceremony may be a very beneficial approach for grieving families, their neighbors, and their friends to express their sorrow.
Making preparations for a memorial service.
A life-limiting disease is one of the most difficult situations a person may go through in their life.
Family and friends may be dissatisfied that their efforts to provide care are not more widely recognized and acknowledged.
Continue reading for more information.
It’s even more difficult when you’re far away.
Consult with your loved ones.
People who have been through what you are going through and can provide you with the benefit of their knowledge and experience.
Continue reading for more information.
It is really tough to sit back and see the pain that comes with such a battle.
Symptoms that are uncontrolled include Continue reading for more information.
Stress is dealt with in a variety of ways by various people, and no single strategy is superior to another.
They may be reluctant to speak right first, but over time, they may become more open.
Fathers are frequently affected.
When someone learns that their sickness is developing and that death is not far away, it is usual for them to experience a range of emotions.
It’s possible that you and other family members are experiencing similar emotions.
There are no specifics in this case.
The idea of palliative care supports the provision of comprehensive care for the patient.
The requirements of your coworker have been formed by her cultural background.
Continue reading for more information.
Spirituality includes everything that moves or reflects your spirit or inner energy in a positive way.
It is just a part of who you are, intertwined into and expressed through every thought, sensation, and action you undertake.
Continue reading for more information.
In the case of someone who is ill, it is common for them to vent their frustrations and fury on the person who is closest to them.
Perhaps they believe it is a secure environment in which to “simply be themselves.” When deciding how to respond, it’s vital to remember that rage is a normal and strong feeling to experience. Continue reading for more information.